PRINCIPAL JOB POSTING
Looking for a challenging, exciting and more entrepreneurial environment where you can have impact? Consider joining LEVEL5 Strategy Group – one of Canada’s leading boutique strategy and transformation consulting firms. We are growing and seek a dynamic individual to join our leadership team. Help capitalize on our momentum and shape the future of our Firm.
- The Principal role has overall responsibility for contributing to LEVEL5’s annual business goals, growth plans/profit target, including revenue generation from new and existing clients; building trusted advisor relationships with clients by understanding clients’ needs, shaping the “right” solutions, and offering and delivering “the best of” LEVEL5 to address the clients’ most critical business issues. In addition, he/she is responsible for working with the Managing Partners to providing leadership internally and actively representing and building L5 brand awareness and reputation in the market.
- The Principal position offers both a competitive salary and bonus program as well as the potential for equity in the firm. These details will be addressed during the candidate selection process.
- Play a senior project leadership role in representing LEVEL5’s distinctive point of view that “Your Brand is a Business System©” through the full lifecycle of defining, proposing, selling, delivering, and developing follow-on engagements in:
- Business/brand/corporate strategy
- Business transformation, particularly on the demand management side of the business model (people/process/digital/performance management)
- Work with the Firm’s Managing Partners to continue to build and expand the Business Transformation practice
- Pursue and cultivate trusted advisor relationships within the client organization(s) to drive client value
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills; proactively coach and mentor entry and mid level L5 teammates (i.e., Directors, Managers, Consultants, and Analysts)
- Contribute to and shape LEVEL5’s most important asset – its culture
Delivery of Large and Complex Client Projects:
- Lead and manage large and complex client projects, including:
- Develop high quality client project content, including scoping, proposing, project problem diagnosis, solution development and planning, financial analysis, business case development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, and documentation
- Lead day-to-day client interaction and project team activities, monitor timelines, due dates and project profitability
- Effective and confident facilitation of senior level clients
- Build trust and credibility among clients, establish “partner” relationships with them, anticipate and respond to their evolving requirements and needs; make personal commitment to always meet and exceed client expectations
- Understand current and future client needs in the context of market dynamics, and apply insights to recommend short and / or long term value creation for clients that have the appropriate level of impact
Strategic Selling Capability:
- Proven ability to build, manage and nurture senior client and business network relationships
- Proactively identify and create new leads and opportunities
- Understand the breadth of what we sell so that we are bringing the best of LEVEL5 to the appropriate client levels through introducing and selling cross business services solutions across the key functional areas within the company
- Achieve annual BD and profit margin targets
- Participate in L5 senior management team meetings, including annual business planning and bi-weekly financial and business development update meetings
- Continuously refine and develop the LEVEL5 toolkit to ensure that material stays current, relevant, and reflects learning from client engagements
- Lead and deliver select L5 corporate initiatives annually assuming full partner/team accountability for results
- Have a proven track record as a successful business leader in or across various industries.
- 10 to 15 years of experience, with increasing responsibility, in the management consulting profession – leading strategy, business transformation and digital transformation
- Ability to demonstrate strong business acumen by anticipating the long-term impact of decisions and by taking a broad approach to problem solving
- Have a proven track record in, and accountability for, revenue generation
- A leader with a strong results orientation and track record for effectively and strategically working with and responding to senior level clients
- Strong C-suite communication skills regarding findings, recommendations, and solutions – specifically presentations
- An individual motivated primarily by the opportunity to make a significant impact and grow the business profitably and sustainably
- Superior verbal and written communication
- Strong interpersonal skills and team/culture leadership
- Strong analytic skills and systematic problem solving
- Ability to lead and coordinate multiple projects and clients in parallel
- Able to develop and present new ideas, and conceptualize and articulate new approaches and solutions
- Industry experience with managing/leading branded business systems (i.e., P+L responsibility) is an asset
- Undergraduate degree (top quartile performance), with a graduate degree or professional designation preferred
See application instructions at the bottom of this page.
SENIOR CONSULTANT JOB POSTING
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Consultant to join our team. The role requires an individual with comprehensive understanding of the management consulting industry, advanced research and analytical skills, as well as an in-depth and established ability to translate findings into recommendations, and communicate them with confidence. The ideal candidate will be smart, ambitious, mature, detail oriented, curious, energetic, confident, able to prioritize, manage multiple tasks and adapt quickly to working in a fast paced environment.
- Conducting comprehensive project research and analysis (brand/ business/ financial)
- Providing meaningful insights/ perspectives and innovative solutions to clients based on research
- Building rapport with and managing day-to-day relationships and project management concerns with clients
- Proactively monitoring project timelines and profitability to make sure the assigned projects are on track/on budget
- Attending client meetings to support project leadership, and actively participating in discussions and presentations with confidence
- Assisting LEVEL5 Partners in new product development initiatives that could potentially bring new revenue streams for LEVEL5
- Working on multiple projects spanning various industries simultaneously
- Developing and editing presentation materials, project workplans, and proposals
- Coach the junior consultants/analysts
- Providing support for corporate initiatives or special projects, as assigned
- 2 to 3 years working experience on project-based, client-facing activities, ideally in a management consulting environment
- Expert at conducting primary and secondary research and translating research findings and information into meaningful input for project materials
- Equally adept at working independently to complete tasks, solve problems and learn new concepts quickly
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Able to handle multiple tasks, and manage priorities to meet deadlines
- Able to work independently to complete tasks, solve problems and learn new concepts; excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrates passion and desire to learn and a willingness to contribute to project success
What’s in It for You?
- The opportunity to directly work with the LEVEL5 senior partners; individuals who are recognized for leading some of Canada’s largest and most prominent brands
- The opportunity to work side-by-side with C-suite clients of some of Canada’s – and the world’s – leading organizations
- Visibility into a large number of organizations across various industries in a short period of time
- An entrepreneurial environment that encourages innovative thinking and expects junior members to make an impact on day one
- An accelerated career path and learning curve, with exposure to a diverse range of projects
- To be part of a great culture – an award winning workplace where employees thrive, grow and have fun
- Analytical Thinking
- Continuous Learning
- Quality Focus
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Project Management
- Interpersonal Skills
- Relationship Management
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Strategic Selling
- Solution Delivery
If you are an enthusiastic team player who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment, we want to hear from you. We offer a dynamic work environment, and an opportunity to work with great brands on substantial and challenging projects.
Interested candidates should send their resume to email@example.com
Thank you for your interest. Please note only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information about LEVEL5, please visit our website at www.level5strategy.com.
Canadian Business SenseAbility is Canada’s only national business network dedicated to helping
companies become more accessible and inclusive of people with disabilities.